There’s something about being in the month of October that makes me gravitate toward pumpkin recipes. I can’t say it is the most flavorful vegetable on its own (apologies to pumpkin fans!), but, when combined with the right ingredients especially in the fall season, the end result is usually delicious.
I decided to scour the web to look for and share cozy fall pumpkin based recipes that look like they are simple, delicious and that I’d like try. I have been on a dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan journey as of late so I like the fact that these recipes can be adjusted fairly easily for any or all of those things. Here are 5 that fit that bill perfectly:
- Pumpkin spice pancakes. The first recipe is from Melanie daPonte – I’ve been following her blog for awhile. She has the best plant-based recipes in her repertoire and I love perusing through her list of suggestions when I’m at a loss for a good plant-based option. See her recipe for vegan pumpkin spice pancakes here.
- Pumpkin spice latte. Fall wouldn’t be fall without pumpkin spice lattes. I’ve been wanting to try some version of this recipe for awhile. I chose this recipe from Pioneer Woman because it seemed like a simple way to try making this delicious beverage. You can use any form of coffee you’d like. You can find her recipe here.
- Pumpkin soup. This is a favorite that I already love making at home. I wanted to try this vegan version from Well Plated because she uses creative ingredients like almond butter, maple syrup and cauliflower in the recipe that sound like they would add flavor. Also, because starting from canned pumpkin is so much quicker! You can find Erin Clarke’s vegan pumpkin soup recipe here.
- Pumpkin coffee cake muffins. I like the idea of making pumpkin muffins that can be taken with you to go (if they last that long!). This particular recipe by Kristine’s Kitchen blog looks like a relatively healthier option. I am going to try and substitute gluten-free flour to see if that works as well! You can find her recipe here.
- Pumpkin stir fry. For an interesting savory option, I want to try a chili basil stir-fried pumpkin recipe from Women’s Weekly in Australia. This has cashews and soy sauce in the ingredient list and looks like it will be delicious served over rice. You can find this savory recipe here.
🥧 🥧 🥧 Do you have any favorite pumpkin recipes? If you’d like to share your own recipe or a recipe you love that you found online, do post it in the comments below!