If you haven’t truly been appreciating and enjoying what you have in your closet lately and want to stop buying new and be creative with what you have, consider setting up your own challenge – a “love your wardrobe” week.
I have often been guilty of buying a garment, wearing it once and putting it away without spending the time to figure out how to style it in different ways it so gets worn regularly and beautifully in my everyday life.
Instead of shopping, it’s worth looking at your own closet for inspiration. Here are 7 steps to challenge yourself to make the most of what you have:
- Pull 7 garments of clothing from your wardrobe that haven’t been worn in a long time and commit to wearing 1 of these garments on each day of your wardrobe appreciation week.
- Take the time on a weekend to style different outfits with each garment in ways that you wouldn’t otherwise have considered. Head over to pinterest and create a vision board.
- Try everything on so you have a clear idea of what works.
- Iron any wrinkled garments and hang your the clothes up for the week in a way that is visually appealing.
- Wear your favorite newly styled outfit with the piece you’ve chosen for the day on each day of the week.
- Take pictures every day to create a look book of new to you outfits.
- Style and restyle till you’re happy with your look.
Consider scheduling a “love your wardrobe” challenge every few weeks especially when you’re on the verge of purchasing something new.
🌷🌷🌷The best wardrobe advice I’ve received – wear what you love, don’t worry about any rules if something is right for you. Wear what brings you joy and is truly you.